Whether you should build or not is always a question than runs on your mind. You might be on the fence about buying an existing home or having one custom made for you by new home builders in Melbourne. There are several advantages that come with buying an existing home over a custom home. A few things that stand out are already built and move-in ready as well as owned homes come with a unique history and a sense of nostalgia.
But, owning pre-existing homes have their own share of problems. These are not built to suit all or even most of the particular tastes. There is a huge risk of buying a house then finding out when it’s too late that it has a long list of repair and maintenance issues. Existing homes do not typically come under warranty like new homes:
1. Total Personalization: The best advantage of having a custom built home is that you have the ability to get exactly what you want. With pre-built homes, it is often difficult to get a home that suits your needs exactly. You may come very close but even if you do that means that you need to check out hundreds of homes to find the right one. Even after all that searching the potential for complete satisfaction is not good.
2. Unique Finishes: Custom building your home makes it easy to integrate unique features into the house during the design and planning phase.
When you are doing a custom build, you can feel free to design your living around things that matter and come out with a custom theme that can integrate interesting building materials from an ancestral home and the options are limitless.
3. Custom Floor Plan: With a pre-existing home, what you see is usually what you get and making major changes to the floor plan requires knocking down walls, dealing with inconvenience and investing a lot of time, effort and money into exactly what you require.
Looking for an extra-large bedroom or an office that you can access from outside the main house? Having a laundry room on the second floor even an outdoor kitchen? All of these options are easy to get if you choose a custom build for your home.
4. Lower Costs: You should not worry about doing repairs, reconfigurations or upgrades while spending on the initial outlay to buy an existing home. This means a lot of money is saved while getting the exact home that you desire.
Custom building your home makes it possible for you to choose your own finishes. This lets you get the style that you want at a price point that gives you the maximum value for your money.
5. Lot Optimization: If you are buying a pre-existing house, you have no control over the placement and design of the building in relation to the piece of land that it sits on. When you are building a fully customised house then you can work with designers and architects to take full advantage of the positive features of the land that you want to build on.
Custom builds make the most of factors like shade and sunlight, trees, foliage and air flow patterns and is based on the size and orientation of the green space that surrounds the house.
6. Ultimate Privacy: If privacy is important to you then designing and building your own home means giving you the highest levels required.
The custom design orientation of the house is completely in your control. Also, you can choose to add privacy fences, lush trees, architectural features that enhance your property’s privacy.
7. Superior Quality: When buying a pre-existing house or going with a build that includes elements of prefabrication can lead to not getting the quality that you need. But, if you are completely customizing your home from the ground up, it dramatically reduces the chance of substandard construction.
This is while working with trusted and experienced home builders like LGA Home Builders that will ensure that you get the best out of your home construction. Call us today for more details about new home builders in Melbourne.